Minimum Wage Enforcement & Support
Report a problem at your workplace. Find minimum wage advocacy organizations.
Minimum Wage Enforcement
The City of Santa Monica is dedicated to enforcing our law's provisions, to ensure employees receive the benefits in the law and to ensure equal competition for law-abiding businesses.
The Los Angeles County Department of Consumer & Business Affairs (DCBA) enforces Santa Monica's minimum wage law. This means that:
- Santa Monica’s workers have access to LA County’s dedicated wage enforcement unit.
- Workers can file a wage claim on the phone, online, or in person at any LA County Office.
Santa Monica's City Council designated LA County's DCBA as the City's enforcement agency in September 2016. Read the report.
Ask an Enforcement Question / File a Claim
- Ask a question or submit a complaint: https://iddweb.isd.lacounty.gov/DCA_eComplaint/WageAndHour/
- Email the DCBA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to a DCBA staff member: (800) 593-8222
The DCBA will not ask about or report on immigration status. Complaints are anonymous. All services are free.
Minimum Wage Support & Advocacy
These organizations work on minimum wage issues in the greater Los Angeles area, and through two years of work with Santa Monica businesses and workers are familiar with Santa Monica's minimum wage law and the Santa Monica community.
Restaurant Opportunities Center LA
Areas of focus
- Restaurant wages and working conditions
- Worker training
- High-road employers
First Conviction in Santa Monica Minimum Wage Enforcement Case (November 2017)