City of Santa Monica Office of Performance Management
About Performance Managment
In 2017, the City of Santa Monica ("The City") established the Office of Performance Management within the City Manager's Office to develop a culture of data-driven decision making. Since the inception of this program, the City implemented several programs to integrate performance management into ongoing operations, including:
- Development of the Framework for a Sustainable City of Wellbeing, which defines high level outcomes the City is working to achieve;
- Engagement of staff through the implementation of a training program and providing technical assistance to divisions;
- Development of plans of action for each of the Council’s strategic goals to set measurable goals and implement strategies to achieve them;
- Creation of SaMoStat as a process to monitor our success in achieving key goals and outcomes;
- Establishment of a Citywide dashboard to provide transparency to the process of working towards achieving measurable outcomes; and
- Engagement in the process of developing an approach to Performance-Based Budgeting.
On October 9th, the Santa Monica City Council established a performance management policy:
The City of Santa Monica City Council supports the use of data to inform decision making processes and deliver responsive results to create a model 21st Century government and a sustainable city of wellbeing that works for everyone. The City will manage performance and focus resources to achieve the community-focused outcomes included in the Framework for a Sustainable City of Wellbeing.
City of Santa Monica Performance Management Policy
This website is intended to provide information on the City’s strategic vision and our strategies designed to attain this vision. Please check back often, or contact the City’s Chief Performance Officer, Tim Dodd (Tim.email@example.com) with any questions.